Permit me to tell you about…Policies and Permissions in FulfILLment!
Policies and Permissions in FulfILLment will be very flexible and highly configurable. Read on to learn more.
- FulfILLment will have the ability to create policies to determine/control patron eligibility. This is flexible down to specific libraries or specific item types.
- Authorized staff will be able to create org groupings to funnel patrons into searching pre-defined groups (county-wide, regional, state, school, etc.).
- FulfILLment will allow blocking of material types at specific libraries from filling ILL for all or specific patrons or groups.
- Circulation policy can be generated from either the owning or lending library policies.
- When an item is put in transit to a library to fill an ILL request, a brief bib record is pushed to the home ILS system (if the system permits it) to facilitate checkout. If the home ILS does not permit it, then staff will need to create a brief record.
- The Administration module will allow local definition of what actions staff may perform and at what locations.
- The Administration module also allows fine granularity of policies and permissions to be set/configured. Here are a few examples:
1. The ability to configure max requests per patron.
2. The “Need by date for material can be configured.
3. Org units can be configured to be valid pick-up locations.
4. The ability to designate a library to be the lender of last resort.
5. Renewals will be configurable on a material type or library-by-library basis.
6. The ability to configure standard processing charges per library. This amount will be visible to patrons in My Requests.
Remember to check back next week. Next week’s post will cover Patrons and Staff Use in FulfILLment.